You may have discovered that there is rarely enough space for all your stuff in your home.
The good news is that there are many ways to organize your home and get all that clutter under control. You just have to get a little creative with creating storage space.
Here are a few tips and tricks to finding a place for all of your things so that you can have enough space to breathe and not feel the cramped pressure of clutter.
Reduce Your Clutter
- Closets were meant for ‘now’ items like linens, clothes, shoes and jackets. If you only use it once a year, it needs another home.
- Under the bed and under the stairs are great places to stash stuff. Get the right sized containers so that nothing gets crammed anywhere.
- Attics are actually pretty lousy storage space because you’re having to climb up a rickety ladder with arm loads of stuff to put it up there. It’s not climate controlled and if there are critters living anywhere in your house, the attic is the most likely spot. It’s a great place for Santa to hide presents, but other than that most attics are full of hassles for storing things.
- In the kitchen you can de-clutter your cabinets by hanging your pots and pans, mounting a knife rack on the wall and hanging a fruit holder from the ceiling as well.
- Renting a small storage unit is the best for seasonal items like holiday decorations and outdoor summer equipment or pool toys. Just rotate items in and out based on their use and enjoy the freed up space in your home.
There is no reason to live under the burden of clutter.
You and your family will feel better if you have everything under control and out of the way.